10 Jaw Dropping ONLINE QUOTES From Composers
10 Jaw Dropping ONLINE QUOTES From Composers.
Reading thought-provoking quotes can potentially make you think differently. Here are 10 online quotes from composers that will shock you.
1. “I hate this fast growing tendency to chain men to machines in big factories and deprive them of all joy in their efforts – the plan will lead to cheap men and cheap products.” – Richard Wagner
2. “The trouble with music appreciation, in general, is that people are taught to have too much respect for music. They should be taught to love it instead.” – Igor Stravinsky
3. “By accepting a reward from criminals, one becomes an accomplice to the criminals.” – Iosif Andriasov
4. “Even in poverty I lived like a king for I tell you that nobility is the thing that makes a king.” – Ludwig van Beethoven
5. “Silence is very important. The silence between the notes are as important as the notes themselves.” – Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart
6. “If we were all determined to play the first violin we should never have an ensemble. Therefore, respect every musician in his proper place.” – Robert Schumann
7. “You’ve got to learn your instrument. Then, you practice, practice, practice. And then, when you finally get up there on the bandstand, forget all that and wail.” – Charlie Parker
8. “When we are young, friends are, like everything else, a matter of course. In the (our) old days we know what it means to have them.” – Edvard Grieg
9. “I always think that when something is currently very trendy, it’s already very old.” – Ennio Morricone
10. “There can be no music without ideology. Beethoven was a forerunner of the revolutionary movement. If you read his letters, you will see how often he wrote to his friends that he wished to give new ideas to the public and rouse it to revolt against its masters.” – Dmitri Shostakovich
If you liked these strong quotes, check out what people like Vincent Van Gogh wrote in 10 Quotes That Will Motivate You.