10 ONLINE QUOTES by Wayne Gretzky
10 Online Quotes by Wayne Gretzky.
Wayne Gretzky, The Great One, is considered by many to be the best hockey player that ever lived. Born in Brantford, Ontario, Canada in 1961, Mr. Gretzky performed at a high level in his profession, being part of four Stanley Cups. Wayne’s father, Walter, who is of Russian and Ukranian descent, coached his son continuously, starting at age three, even building him a backyard rink. It turned out to be a blessing, as Wayne Gretzky definitely brought greatness to the game.
Here are Wayne’s 10 online quotes that will help you understand this genius.
1. “A good hockey player plays where the puck is. A great hockey player plays where the puck is going to be.”
2. “No matter who you are, we’re creatures of habit. The better your habits are, the better they will be in pressure situations.”
3. “Hockey is a unique sport in the sense that you need each and every guy helping each other and pulling in the same direction to be successful.”
4. “Sometimes people ask, ‘Are hockey fights real?’ I say, ‘If they weren’t, I’d get in more of them.”
5. “You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take.”
6. “I think sports for kids is the greatest thing in the world because it teaches you how to share, about winning and losing and pressure. But I don’t think you should force your kid to become a professional athlete.”
7. “Procrastination is one of the most common and deadliest of diseases and its toll on success and happiness is heavy.”
8. “The highest compliment that you can pay me is to say that I work hard every day, that I never dog it.”
9. “I couldn’t beat people with my strength; I don’t have a hard shot; I’m not the quickest skater in the league. My eyes and my mind have to do most of the work.”
10. “It’s an honor and a thrill and a privilege just to play in the NHL.”
Did you love this article? Please contribute your desired amount to support this blog.
Check out some cool Quotes and The Quebec Nordiques Should Get Back Their Hockey Team.