8 Great ONLINE QUOTES by Langston Hughes
8 great online quotes by Langston Hughes.
James Mercer Langston Hughes was an amazing poet, novelist, and playwright. Born in 1902, Joplin, Missouri, Langston Hughes was a leader of the Harlem Renaissance in New York. Mr. Hughes focused on enlightening and raising the level of everyone about racial consciousness and the importance of unity and freedom. Langston Hughes passed away in 1967, New York City. Here are 8 great online quotes by this incredible poet.
1. “Hold fast to dreams, for if dreams die, life is a broken-winged bird that cannot fly.”
2. “An artist must be free to choose what he does, certainly, but he must also never be afraid to do what he might choose.”
3. “Like a welcome summer rain, humor may suddenly cleanse and cool the earth, the air and you.”
4. “In all my life, I have never been free. I have never been able to do anything with freedom, except in the field of my writing.”
5. “I must never write when I do not want to write.”
6. “Perhaps the mission of an artist is to interpret beauty to people – the beauty within themselves.”
7. “Violent anger makes me physically ill.”
8. “Writing is like travelling. It’s wonderful to go somewhere, but you get tired of staying.”
Immerse yourself in these 8 great online quotes. There are tender moments filled with inner beauty. Check out my other articles concerning quotes by people.
Did you love this article? Please contribute your desired amount to support this blog.