Top 5 Incredible Facts About Roddy Piper
1. Bret Hart, a fellow Hall of Fame wrestler, had a stroke in 2002 and the only wrestler who visited him in the hospital was Roddy Piper.
2. Roddy Piper was a published author in 2002 with his book “In The Pit With Piper.”
3. Roddy Piper was a boxer before becoming a professional wrestler, winning the Golden Gloves Boxing Championship. He also was a black belt in Judo.
4. Roddy Piper loved his family and had four children. He married to his wife for 32 years.
5. In a 2003 interview, Roddy Piper stated that he will not make it to 65 due to his poor health. Roddy passed away in July 31st, 2015 at the age of 61.